By P.K. Chatterjee, B.S. Gupta
This book discusses the theoretical facets of absorbency in addition to the constitution, houses and function of fabrics. The chapters are prepared in an procedure for the reader to improve steadily via basic theories of absorbency to simpler features of the know-how. issues coated comprise medical rules of absorbency and constitution estate relationships; fabric know-how together with tremendous absorbents, non-woven, traditional and artificial fibres and surfactants; absorbency dimension recommendations and know-how point of view. The reader is supplied with present prestige info on know-how and can also be expert on very important advancements in the box.
Read Online or Download Absorbent Technology PDF
Similar manufacturing books
Overseas Federation for info ProcessingThe IFIP sequence publishes state of the art ends up in the sciences and applied sciences of data and communique. The scope of the sequence contains: foundations of computing device technology; software program concept and perform; schooling; machine purposes in expertise; verbal exchange platforms; platforms modeling and optimization; info structures; pcs and society; desktops know-how; defense and safeguard in details processing platforms; man made intelligence; and human-computer interplay.
This publication covers chemistry of thermoset elastomers yet in basic terms to the level wanted for realizing tips to procedure them via a producing atmosphere and the way they react in a number of production equipment. the focal point of the ebook is to supply in-depth insurance of tooling, processing, and secondary operations which may enhance production efficiencies.
Positioning lean as a administration operational philosophy a ways past the normal set of development instruments, this ebook explains how managers in any respect degrees of the association can combine lean into their day-by-day administration actions. It defines the tilt philosophy in addition to the ideals and behaviors required to boost a thriving lean corporation tradition.
- Limit of the Spinning Process in Manufacturing Synthetic Fibers: Course Held at the Department of General Mechanics
- Logistics of Facility Location and Allocation (Industrial Engineering)
- The New Industrial Revolution: Consumers, Globalization and the End of Mass Production
- Fabric Testing (Woodhead Textiles Series)
Extra info for Absorbent Technology
2. Two c o m p o n e n t f a b r i c These may contain two different fibers, or a fiber and a low melt polymer. g. wettability and resiliency, and that of the latter will be to have a structure that could be bonded by heat. A. e. the number of fibers out of 3 belonging to type 1 and 2. These are determined as shown below . From Equation 49, nl [ n2 = Wld2 [ w2dl (68) n 1 = 3 w i g 2 / ( w i g 2 + wzd 1) (69) 43 n2 = 3 - n1 (70) B. One fiber and an adhesive This will also cover a fabric containing a regular and a low melt fiber, the latter after melting coating the fiber and serving as an adhesive.
But in a cross-linked network as the chains between cross-links become increasingly elongated, an elastic retractive force develops. The swelling will stop at an equilibrium point when the swelling force is balanced by the retractive force. Networks of water soluble polymers give rise to the so-called "hydrogels". Examples of these range from the highly swollen "superabsorbents" to the slightly swollen soft contact lenses. The swelling equilibrium is dependent on the entropy of dilution, the heat of dilution, and the entropy of the polymer network.
Area of capillary = AT -~o Z De J (63) or, by combining eq. 63 with 53, (64) Equation 64 for the interstitial area bounded by three fibers randomly arranged, exactly equals eq. 56, developed for the unoccupied area of the triangle for the case of the parallel arrangement of fibers. Thus, for either the parallel or the random arrangement of fibers, the two-extreme structures considered, the capillary radius is given by eq. 59. For any 42 other arrangement of fibers, therefore, the capillary radius can also be given by the same equation.